[Rivet] Z projection on Rivet

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 11:55:50 GMT 2011

On 01/02/11 11:30, David Grellscheid wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> Ok, I'm starting to wonder whether we should put all of this into the
>> ZFinder projection or give up having a uniform ZFinder and do all of
>> this stuff "manually" in the analyses. Opinions?
>
> I find the ZFinder useful, so would argue for making it more powerful.
> Also, debugging-wise it's extremely helpful to concentrate all future
> implementation mistakes in one place. :-)

I agree. Having good, self-contained (yet extensible) tools for these
very common tasks is important for making common analysis goals easy. As
always, it's impossible to get it 100% right the first time :)

Not a rewrite to do for 1.5.0, I think, but perhaps for 2.0.0 after a
bit of consideration. Add a ticket, please!

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.