[Rivet] Rivet and HepMC units [Re: Rivet!!]

David Grellscheid david.grellscheid at durham.ac.uk
Sun Oct 31 18:52:53 GMT 2010

Hi Ben,

 > but I think realistically we are better off
 > sticking with the older HepMC for now

The newer one works just fine if it's told the right legacy units at
compile time. The mistake is in configuring HepMC with MEV/MM when your
legacy files are actually in GEV/MM.

I guess some other people in ATLAS actually do have HepMC files in
MEV/MM lying around, again only implicitly assumed. This mess is only
solved by the newer HepMC's 'U' line, which is why I would strongly
recommend to move to it as soon as you can.

See you,

   David