[Rivet] mcplots

Peter Skands peter.skands at cern.ch
Tue Oct 19 16:49:11 BST 2010

Dear Rivet friends,

As some of you know, during summer here at CERN, I've been nurturing a
project to upgrade/expand/move my old Pythia Plots web site

   http://home.fnal.gov/~skands/leshouches-plots/

to a more generic platform, which would include more generators, based
on Rivet, and to get some of the GENSER guys to take care of it, thereby
providing a nice service for us. Basically, the idea is to provide an
easily browsable plots repository for Rivet analyses, where people can
quickly see how tune X of version Y of generator Z looks on distribution D.

The site is now getting close to a state in which we can make it public.
So far, it is only visible internally at CERN, so you'll have to create
a tunnel here to see it if you're outside. But those of you who can, can
have a look here:

   http://mcplots.cern.ch/

The visual structure and organization is very similar to my old one,
basically since many of the experimentalists I talk to told me they
liked it. Everything underneath has been upgraded of course, but
hopefully the site still comes across as very simple to use and navigate.

We're not quite finished yet, so there are still many small issues to
iron out in the coming weeks. However, I thought I'd make sure you're
all aware of the activity, so it doesn't come as a surprise. I hope
you'll like the site, and that it'll be useful to you also to have a
place collecting plots online.

Cheers,
Peter