[Rivet] [Fastjet] PseudoJets constructor

David Grellscheid david.grellscheid at durham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 14:41:00 BST 2010

Hi Gavin,

> Initialising the members takes some extra time

It always does, but does it actually make a measurable difference in any
realistic situation?

> Having said that, for the next release we're revisiting the decision about
> default initialisation, so in the future PseudoJet() may well give a
> sensible object.

Please do that, it would make the behaviour much less surprising, since
most other non-simple types do default-initialize on construction. The
theoretical time saving in our case was negligible compared to the
debugging we just had to do. :-)

Thanks,

   David