[Rivet] Multiple lines on one graph

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Fri Nov 19 17:43:17 GMT 2010

On 19/11/10 10:13, David Grellscheid wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> can I set up multiple histogram traces on one plot from within a Rivet
> analysis or do I need to do some post-processing on the aida/dat files?
> An example is to plot particle and antiparticle multiplicities on the
> same graph.

We don't have a built-in way to do that -- compare-histos will only
compare histograms with the same AIDA path (modulo a leading "/REF").

This is the sort of thing where we would benefit from having a
programmatic interface to histo manipulation... maybe we can find a
couple of days to hash something out sometime. A programmatic interface
to the plotting goodness in make-plots would be great, too.

In the meantime, you can do it by hand by cat'ing together the .dat
files, removing the extraneous PLOT section, and commenting out /
appending to the DrawOnly directive.

Hope that helps,

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh