[Rivet] Python, Rivet 1.20, CERN AFS, LXBATCH

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Fri Mar 26 13:00:25 GMT 2010

On 25/03/10 21:49, Ben Waugh wrote:
> Dear Terrance,
>
> I had the same problem ("invalid conversion" in one of the source files
> generated by Swig) compiling Rivet on SLC5. There is a bug in the
> version of swig supplied with the OS, so I had to install my own version
> (swig-1.3.40) locally and place it in my $PATH before the standard bin
> directories.

That seems odd to me: I *think* we are bundling those generated source
files, so SWIG shouldn't need to be present on the Rivet build system
unless you're building from SVN.

Terrance, can you point us at / provide that setup script, so we can
test it ourselves?

Thanks,

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh