[Rivet] Bugfix release 1.2.1 (Was: Re: [Rivet-svn] r2339 - in trunk: include/Rivet/Projections src/Analyses src/Projections)

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at durham.ac.uk
Fri Mar 19 13:39:49 GMT 2010

Hi Andy,

Andy Buckley, Friday 19 March 2010:
> I think this is a good plan. Any other fixes that we want to get in for
> this patch release?

You'll include everything that is currently on trunk, right?
We might want to quickly run some validation for the ATLAS min bias
analysis that I put in, such that we can announce a Rivet version with a
first LHC analysis. It is in principle validated (back when I used it as a
plugin analysis for tuning), but better to be safe.
Is anybody able to easily run a few Pythia MinBias events through it? I'd
have to install agile first, but will do so if nobody else is able to do
it. We'll have to include all kinds of processes, because the ATLAS
analysis doesn't correct for them, i.e. I think that translates into

MSEL 0
MSUB(11) 1
msub(12) 1
msub(13) 1
msub(28) 1
msub(53) 1
msub(68) 1
msub(92) 1
msub(93) 1
msub(94) 1
msub(95) 1

> I've fixed the use of TotalVisibleMomentum in the
> MC_SUSY analysis, also thanks to Frank's eagle eyes, and in
>  conversation we decided that a more intuitive rehack of
>  TotalVisibleMomentum is needed. That is low priority, but I can do it
>  pretty fast and so am tempted to include it in this patch: any
>  thoughts on that?

Fine with me.

> If there are no other fixes that people want to get into Rivet before
> 1.2.1, I'll make the release over the weekend or on Monday.

Cool, thanks.

Frank