[Rivet] Many empty bins in refdata for JADE_OPAL_2000...

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Wed Jun 23 08:15:17 BST 2010

Thus spake Holger Schulz (holger.schulz at physik.hu-berlin.de):

> > Seems like Andy went ahead and changed this in r2501.
> > (I just learned it the hard way when my existing and new aida files
> > weren't plotting anymore due to binning conflicts)
> > It's a little bit annoying, but I guess even if just for my point 1)
> > above, we can't avoid it.
> >
> I am in favour for consistency. Maybe the refdata is going to be
> updated in HepData as well.

The refdata _is_ updated in HepData, and the new version in Rivet is
identical to the HepData version.

> In other cases, like the ALPEH_1996, there are bin missing which
> should be zero bins as well, following the logic of the curent Hepdata
> version of the JAD_OPAL refdata.

No, the ALEPH_1996 bins should be missing, but the histogramming in
Rivet isn't capable of handling gaps somewhere in the middle of
histograms. That's a completely different issue.

--
Don't knock the weather. If it didn't change once in a while, nine
out of ten people couldn't start a conversation.    -- Kin Hubbard