[Rivet] 2D plots

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Wed Jun 2 15:35:09 BST 2010

On 02/06/10 15:19, Leif Lönnblad wrote:
> On 2010-06-02 15:29, Emily Nurse wrote:
>> In general I have come across a lot of people who want to make 2D
>> plots in Rivet, which is very useful for generator level studies.
>
> AIDA has an interface for 2D histograms, but when I wrote LWH (which I
> guess is still in Rivet) I just implemented the absolute minimum of
> functionality, and I didn't consider 2D histograms to be necessary. In
> principle it should be fairly trivial to implement them, but I think
> priority should be put on getting Yoda working to get rid of LWH
> alltogether...

Agreed: I've been doing some work on this recently, and will be
initiating Hendrik & Holger into its mysteries tomorrow!

But it is useful to know that there is a demand for 2D histos... this
hadn't been on my Yoda development plan, but it is now.

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh