[Rivet] problems with installing rivet.

renkel at physics.smu.edu renkel at physics.smu.edu
Wed Jan 27 00:29:55 GMT 2010

Dear developers,

I have problems with installing rivet on my machine (in FermiLab). We
don't have svn, just CVS. Can I still install it please?

scathach-clued0:/work/scathach-clued0/SMU/renkel/tunes>
./rivet-bootstrap -j 2 --devmode --install-agile --hepmc-version=2.05.00
Checking for developer mode programs
You must have svn installed to bootstrap in developer mode
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./rivet-bootstrap", line 406, in ?
    pkg_bootstrap_svn("http://svn.hepforge.org/rivet/trunk", "rivet",
"Rivet") or sys.exit(2)
SystemExit: 2

An error has occurred while bootstrapping Rivet or one of its
dependencies. Sorry!
Please contact the Rivet developers at rivet at projects.hepforge.org,
with a description of your problem, a copy of this script and any error
trace that may have appeared and we'll try to get it fixed as soon as
possible. Thanks for your help!

Thanks a lot!

Peter Renkel.