[Rivet] Binning mismatch [Re: Bug in H1_2000_S4129130?]

Ben Waugh waugh at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 15 17:18:11 GMT 2010

Hi Andy, All,

The issue with the binning seems to be due to the fact that there is a
gap between eta of -2 and -1 in the published data. Presumably this is
related to the detector acceptance. The Rivet analysis does include a
bin in this region,
and compare-histos doesn't like the fact that the bins are different.

We should think about how compare-histos should deal with this
situation, but I don't think there is anything (obviously) wrong with
the Rivet analysis.

Cheers,
Ben

On 04/01/10 19:45, Andy Buckley wrote:
> Thanks Peter. Ben and Alexander, please take a look and see if there are
> any obvious problems.
>
> Andy
>

> On 29/12/09 15:02, Peter Richardson wrote:
>> Hi Ben et al,
>>
>> So I've had a look and fixed the beams and dealt with some of the to
>> dos, the binning in Q2 and x into the individual histograms looks O.K.
>> to me, i.e. as in the corresponding HZTOOL analysis I copied it from. If
>> the reference data from HEPDATa is O.K. I'm not sure what else can go
>> wrong.
>>
>> Peter
>>
>> On Fri, 18 Dec 2009, Ben Waugh wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Andy, Alex,
>>>
>>> I would do this but
>>> (a) I'm on holiday after today and have run out of time.
>>> (b) Alex also reports that some of the plots have different binning
>>> from the reference data, but I have not had time to check this.
>>>
>>> Alex, you did ask for suggestions for work to do on this before next
>>> term, so I suggest you work out (if you haven't already done so) how
>>> to compile Rivet with your own copy of the H1 analysis routine, and
>>> fix this to work with positrons and with the same binning as the
>>> reference data. Then next month, if no-one beats us to it, we can
>>> submit your corrected version and you will be a step further towards
>>> writing your own analysis routine.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Ben

Dr Ben Waugh                                   Tel. +44 (0)20 7679 7223
Dept of Physics and Astronomy                  Internal: 37223
University College London
London WC1E 6BT