[Rivet] 1.2.0 release?

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Thu Feb 25 16:24:51 GMT 2010

On 25/02/10 15:58, Frank Siegert wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Andy Buckley, Thursday 25 February 2010:
>> I'd like to keep these changes for future releases if possible: I think
>> the nomenclature is now finally consistent, and that is desirable for
>> what should from now on be a stable library.
>>
>> Some plugin migration from previous versions will anyway be needed
>> because the plugin system changed, but I agree that the regression is
>> unduly abrupt: I would prefer to provide deprecated inline wrappers
>>  with the previous names, to be discontinued as of 1.3.0. Thoughts?
>
> I can definitely live with phasing them out over time, and given that
> 1.3.0 is not just around the corner either I suppose that should give
> enough time, yes.
>
> Have you already added them back in, or should I do it?

Please do it! I have a lot of lectures to write :( I think any obvious
"cosmetic" log messages are probably the best flag of these changes. Thanks.

> PS: Did we not want to call that final and stable version 2.0 then?

Ok, sure! It was either a slip of the mind, or a subconscious
acknowledgement that we've had lots of "final" release plans before:
I'll believe it when I see it ;)

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh