[Rivet] Question about WFinder

Piergiulio Lenzi lenzip at fi.infn.it
Wed Feb 24 17:37:43 GMT 2010

Dear Rivet developers,
    I'm trying to use the WFinder projection, and I noticed that the pt
cut and eta  range are actually applied both to the charged lepton and
the neutrino. Can you confirm this?
I'm not sure whether this is the expected behavior or not, especially
the eta cut on the neutrino is not something that one can apply in an
experiment.
If I had to choose, I would prefer not to check the neutrino eta and pt
at all when building the W candidate, and then reproduce the experiment
MET cut with a cut on TotalVisibleMomentum.
What do you think about that?
Many thanks in advance
Giulio