[Rivet] rivet and GENSER

James Monk jmonk at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 11 16:27:14 GMT 2010

Hi Anton,

The version of Rivet publicly available in Genser is the previous release, 1.1.3.  I installed it there largely so that the ATLAS interface to Rivet could use it, but it is also available to other experiments.  Please *do not* re-compile, move or otherwise alter that production installation.

Python was deliberately disabled because 1) the included swig python modules were built with the wrong HepMC and/or python version (can't remember which) and 2) the swig installation on SLC is (or at least was) not able to re-build the swig modules.  Since the ATLAS interface only needs the C++ libraries, the lack of python modules did not matter.

As Hendrik suggests, if we wait a short while then version 1.2 is out.  I have also been trying (on-and-off, since it is a frustrating experience!) to install a release candidate in Genser, which is in /afs/.cern.ch/sw/lcg/external/MCGenerators/rivet/1.2.0rc1/ .  There is a more up-to-date tarball candidate on the Rivet downloads page:

	http://www.hepforge.org/downloads/rivet

cheers,

James