[Rivet] 1.2.0 release?

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Tue Feb 9 15:06:25 GMT 2010

On 09/02/10 14:52, Hendrik Hoeth wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> the validation plots for the analyses I produced look all good (well,
> there is this current discussion about the CDF_2001 UE analysis), so
> from my point of view we are ready for a release.
>
> Oh, and does anybody know why Hudson's test jobs with HepMC-2.03 and
> 2.04 crash with a beam assertion, while I can compile and run with 2.04
> successfully on my laptop?

Nope: it's weird. The error looks like it's having trouble finding the
right HepMC library, so maybe it's to do with the particular set-up of
the utility library areas used by Hudson. We can take a look tomorrow
when I'm in Durham.

> Any other objections to releasing the code as it is?

Which analyses are checked? Can you put them on the Rivet web pages, in
parallel to the 1.1.3 release ones?

I don't really want to delay much further, but now is as good a time as
any to add a more complete set of validation scripts... then you can
think about archiving the output, doing stat tests or whatever before
the *next* release.

The other thing that needs to be done before releasing is to update and
check the manual, since we want it to go on the arXiv in coordination
with this release and be the canonical Rivet reference. We'll update it
at the same arXiv location with future releases cf. the Herwig++ manual.
Can everyone please take a few minutes to scan the manual and update,
bug-fix and otherwise improve any deficient areas?

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.