[Rivet] Merging aida files

Gavin Hesketh hesketh at cern.ch
Wed Dec 8 19:03:16 GMT 2010

Hi Frank,
take the same histogram from (say) 3 aida files, weight each one, then
add the histograms together (ie sum the contents of bin X over the three
files) to get the new aida file.

I'm trying to run alpgen (sorry!), and have to generate eg Z+0lp, Z+1lp,
Z+2lp separately, then add the results after the pythia step. The Xlp
samples should be weighted to correspond to the same luminosity, but you
don't know the cross section or number of events until after the pythia
step. So, then only way I can think to do this is to merge the aida
files with individual weights somehow.

But maybe there is a better way to run alpgen with rivet?

cheers,
	Gavin