[Rivet] Warning: change to analysis loader!

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Tue Sep 1 18:20:12 BST 2009

Thus spake Frank Siegert (frank.siegert at durham.ac.uk):

> I have two reasons, why I would argue against splitting the directories:
>
> - Our bin/rivet-mkanalysis script isn't able to put the analysis skeleton
> into the correct directory anymore now (using the --srcroot option).
> - Machines have more and more cores now, making the "make -j" option quite
> useful (especially if you use distcc ;)). So having fewer source files in
> one directory is slowing down the build unnecessarily, because make won't
> be able to "multithread" across directories.

I agree with Frank here, especially with the second issue (is anybody
actually using rivet-mkanalysis?!?). We could put the *.lo files into
some build directory to make the output of "ls" shorter, but I don't
really see any need for that either.

     Hendrik

--
"You have to take the most direct road to go instead of your
 meeting, you have to, this one ended, leave at once the CERN