[Rivet] normalisation to cross-sections

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Fri Oct 23 23:00:10 BST 2009

Hendrik Hoeth wrote:
> Thus spake Andy Buckley (andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk):
>
>> And I think with a concerted effort this can happen very fast after
>> the 1.2.0 release... so let's get 1.2.0 out asap, with the same histo
>> behaviour as we intend all versions to have, and get working on this
>> histo upgrade immediately after.
>
> I fully agree with this plan (I'm not a fan of that histogram scaling
> either, but at least it doesn't involve unneeded cross-sections anymore).
>
>> Checking out YODA and testing the statistics of the histo combination,
>> getting the I/O to work, etc. would be a BIG step in the right
>> direction.
>
> So can you conduct that concert, please? At least _I_ don't know what to
> do and where to start with YODA, but I see that it is important for us.

Okay, you've prodded me into action! I'll send round some instructions,
make some improvements, and build up the wiki information next week.
Since I'm no multi-tasker, in the meantime please try to finish any
UNVALIDATED analyses that you own, and generally try to tick off issues
on the Rivet bug tracker ;)

Have a good weekend...

Dr Andy Buckley
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh