[Rivet] AGILe does not configure (sort of SOLVED, but gcc4-1 -pedantic problem)

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Thu Oct 22 17:30:59 BST 2009

Thus spake Holger Schulz (holger.schulz at physik.hu-berlin.de):

> I have found a libtool.m4 file in the garbage collector package that I
> copied to agiles m4 folder and now it works again. However, building
> Rivet fails probably due to our old gcc-4.1 compiler with the error
> message
>
>     error: ISO C++ does not support 'long long'

Try running configure with CXXFLAGS=-Wno-long-long, e.g.

./configure --prefix=/some/path --with-hepmc=/some/other/path --with-boost=/path/to/boost --with-fastjet=/path/to/fastjet --disable-pdfmanual CXXFLAGS=-Wno-long-long

I've got to do the same on the Wuppertal cluster.

     Hendrik

--
"You have to take the most direct road to go instead of your
 meeting, you have to, this one ended, leave at once the CERN