[Rivet] [Professor] chi2 distribution in Profile1D

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Thu Nov 5 10:58:26 GMT 2009

Hendrik Hoeth wrote:
> Thus spake Hendrik Hoeth (hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch):

>> Like this?
>> http://users.hepforge.org/~hoeth/plots/oversampling2/

Cool. So the scaling is certainly better than linear, but not enough to
make cubic preferable to quadratic for a fixed number of runs, in this
case at least.

> Maybe N_runs/N_min would be even better. It's the same as
> (N_runs-Nmin)/Nmin, but the x-axis is shifted by 1. That brings us back
> to the "oversampling by a factor of XXX" which we were talking about in
> the first paper ...

Yep, sounds reasonable.

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.