[Rivet] Problems with Rivet

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Fri May 29 12:47:58 BST 2009

Adam Davison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I try to compile pretty much the basic analysis from the wiki
> tutorial I get errors like:
>
> [adamd at pc145:rivet]$ g++ -o libRivetJetMassAnalysis.so -shared -I
> /unix/atlas3/adamd/rivet/include/ -m32 JetMass.cc
> In file included from /unix/atlas3/adamd/rivet/include/Rivet/Analysis.hh:5,
>                  from JetMass.cc:1:
> /unix/atlas3/adamd/rivet/include/Rivet/Rivet.hh:4:40:
> Rivet/Config/BuildOptions.hh: No such file or directory
> /unix/atlas3/adamd/rivet/include/Rivet/Rivet.hh:22:28: HepMC/GenEvent.h:
> No such file or directory
> /unix/atlas3/adamd/rivet/include/Rivet/Rivet.hh:23:29:
> HepMC/GenVertex.h: No such file or directory
> /unix/atlas3/adamd/rivet/include/Rivet/Rivet.hh:24:31:
> HepMC/GenParticle.h: No such file or directory
>
> This is using the version of Rivet you get from the bootstrap-installer
> script and having sourced the rivetenv.sh setup script you get out of that.
>
> I can't find this BuildOptions.hh file anywhere in the files Rivet
> installed.
>
> Any ideas what might have gone wrong?

There might have been a problem with Rivet 1.1.2 not installing the
BuildOptions.hh file, but this is the first we've heard of it! We're
hopefully just about to release 1.1.3, so I've put an alpha tarball
online at http://www.hepforge.org/downloads/rivet .

You could try downloading this hacking the bootstrap script to use this,
but as I'm reworking the bootstrap script today (when I'm not doing
PDF4LHC things), I'd advise waiting until I've got a new version for you
(and Alex) to try.

Dr Andy Buckley
Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology
Durham University
0191 3343798 | 0191 3732613 | www.insectnation.org