[Rivet] r/R binning in CDF 2004 jet shapes analysis

Mario Martinez-Perez mmp at fnal.gov
Mon May 18 18:04:57 BST 2009

Dear Andy

 if you look at the PRD (see attached, see page 7 and 8)  the definition of the binning is fully explained.
In the differential  and the integrated shapes the bin width is 0.1, and there are
7 bins between 0. and 0.7.  Then we divide by 0.7 to express the x-axis in terms of
r/R units.

In the case of the integrated jet shapes the points are at 0.1/R, 0.2/R..... 0.7/R=1
In the differential case we put the points at the middle of the bin : 0.05/R, 0.15/R....etc..
note also that the differential shape includes a 1/delta(r/R) in the normalization.

I hope this helps
Regards
Mario

Mario Martinez-Perez
ICREA Research Professor
Institut de Fisica d'Altes Energies (IFAE)
Edifici Cn. Facultat Ciencies
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
E-08193 Bellaterra (Barcelona), Spain
tf (IFAE): +34 93 581 4983