[Rivet] r/R binning in CDF 2004 jet shapes analysis

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Mon May 18 14:11:11 BST 2009

Hi Mario,

I'm debugging the Rivet (http://projects.hepforge.org/rivet)
implementation of your 2004 "jet shapes in inclusive jet events"
analysis (http://www-cdf.fnal.gov/physics/new/qcd/shapes/shapes.html),
and noticed that the HepData entry for the paper
(http://hepdata.cedar.ac.uk/hepdata/hepreac/6217184) doesn't specify
bin edges for any of the histograms. I would guess this is because the
paper doesn't tabulate any of the data and the data points are shown
without horizontal error bars: the HepData record was probably encoded
by just reading off the plots.

Unfortunately, this means that we can't reproduce the analysis! Do you
happen to know the binnings that were used? Without them, it's going to
be hard to use this analysis for any MC validation. Thanks in advance.

Ideally, if you have the full tabulated data, I would pass that on to
Mike Whalley so that the HepData record can be fully accurate rather
than just copied off the plots.

Best wishes,

Dr Andy Buckley
Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology
Durham University
0191 3343798 | 0191 3732613 | www.insectnation.org