[Rivet] Sharing a Strategy

Mike Desantis mdesantis at ideal-products.net
Mon Mar 23 20:59:24 GMT 2009

I want to share a strategy we are using at our business to turn unused and excess assets into cash.  This was introduced to us by a friendly competitor in town.  Since that initial introduction we have had two direct experiences and we are just about ready to embark on our third and biggest event.  This strategy would have eventually made it's way to us but I'm thankful to our friends across town for sharing and that is why I'm writing this email.

We are having a one day online auction of our unused and excess assets at Ideal Products in Connecticut on April 7th.  The website is Orbitbid.com and has been a professional organization to work with.  We have 673 individual lots that are pictured with a description.  We expect to have around 50,000 hits on the website the day of the auction and around 200 bidders.  This really does replace the stand up auctioneer process.  Also, you don't have to be at the mercy of 1 to 3 equipment dealers that never give you anywhere near the value.

Also in this process Orbitbid does the collection of cash.  From that cash they subtract their fees and hand you a check typically within 10 days of the auction event. These fees include the advertising, some set fees and their commission.  They handle large events like all of Wal-Mart excess assets to small events around the country.

Check out http://www.orbitbid.com for our event associated with Ideal Products in Connecticut.  You can see how it works.  Feel free to email me or call if you want any further information on this.  I probably need to say that neither Ideal Products nor myself will now or in the future benefit financially from this email or endorsement of this process in any way shape or form.

Once again, in these very tough times, if you or some company that you know are looking to liquidate those unused or excess assets and turn them into working cash then consider this option.

Feel free to share any winning strategies that your company is using to get through these tough times.

Hope all is well with you and yours,

Mike Desantis
Ideal Products
158 Pinesbridge
Beacon Falls, CT 06403

This message was sent by: Mike Desantis, 158 Pinesbridge, Beacon Falls, CT 06403