[Rivet] Rivet 1.1.3 release today - please test!

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 8 10:59:27 BST 2009

Hi everyone,

We're finally on course for our Rivet 1.1.3 release today, since Hendrik
found and fixed the bug (introduced by me, oops) in the leading jets
analysis. The validation plots now look just as we'd like:
http://www.ippp.dur.ac.uk/~buckley/rivetval/

So, please give the current beta tarball a test: get it from
http://www.hepforge.org/downloads/rivet

I'd also like people to try the new and shiny bootsrap script, which is
a lot friendlier and more robust than the old one:
http://svn.hepforge.org/rivet/bootstrap/rivet-bootstrap.py
(the name will be changing, and the other variants deleted, on release)

If there are no loud screaming noises from you (especially you pesky Mac
users...), then I think we'll remove the "b" from the tarname this
afternoon and declare Rivet 1.1.3 finally all systems go. It's a nice
piece of software, and getting better all the time --- I'm very pleased
with what we've achieved, and you should be too ;)

Thanks,

Dr Andy Buckley
Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology
Durham University
0191 3343798 | 0191 3732613 | www.insectnation.org