[Rivet] make check failure

Stefan Gieseke gieseke at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Jul 8 14:02:32 BST 2009

Hi Hendrik,

ok, that revelaed a missing HepMC.so..., and finally the missing path to
RIVETPREFIX/lib

Adding both manually to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH it works.

I.e. running rivet works.

Your 'make check', however, still fails:

---
[output of 'make check']

(...)
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/stefan/mc/Rivet-1.1.3/plugindemo'
List of analyses includes MYANALYSIS? NO
FAIL: testplugin
1 of 1 tests failed
Please report to rivet at projects.hepforge.org
make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stefan/mc/Rivet-1.1.3/plugindemo'
make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/stefan/mc/Rivet-1.1.3/plugindemo'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

[PATHs I had to set by hand]

~/mc/Rivet-1.1.3 % echo $PYTHONPATH && echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/home/stefan/opt/rivet-1.1.3/lib/python2.6/site-packages
/home/stefan/opt/HepMC-2.04.02/lib:/home/stefan/opt/rivet-1.1.3/lib

---
Anayways, rivet works for me now.  As you said that you didn't know of the
'check' target that current failure might be because the "MYANALYSIS" is
outdated.

Maybe you want to set the RPATH in the executable as these PATHS should be
clear at the configure step.  Something similar should also exist for the
PYTHONPATH.

Cheers, Stefan