[Rivet] make check failure

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Wed Jul 8 13:14:49 BST 2009

Hi Stefan,

Thus spake Stefan Gieseke (gieseke at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de):

> I am installing 'by hand', as I have fastjet and HepMC installed anyway.
> I attached my make check failure.  PYTHONPATH is set.

as long as you didn't "make install" there won't be a python module in
this location:

> # output of echo $PYTHONPATH
> /home/stefan/opt/rivet-1.1.3/lib/python2.6/site-packages

So python can't find the rivet module and fails. I'd suggest that you
simply do "make install" and then rerun "make check" if you really want
to.

The clean solution of course would be to set the PYTHONPATH in the
Makefile to the temporary location. But frankly I wasn't even aware of
the fact that we have a "check" target ...

    Hendrik

--
"You have to take the most direct road to go instead of your
 meeting, you have to, this one ended, leave at once the CERN