[Rivet] [Rivet-svn] r1290 - trunk/bin

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Fri Jan 30 16:13:07 GMT 2009

rivet-svn at projects.hepforge.org wrote:
> Author: fsiegert
> Date: 2009-01-30 13:04:43 +0000 (Fri, 30 Jan 2009)
> New Revision: 1290
>
> Modified:
>    trunk/bin/rivet
> Log:
> bin/rivet: Gracefully exit, if end of hepmc file is reached. Anybody a better idea on how to achieve this?

Without checking your code (!), I don't think there is a neat way to do
this until HepMC 2.5.0, which should actually provide a way to use
standard C++ streams. In that case, our IO wrapper can directly query
the istream about its state. Anything else is likely to be heuristic and
hacky (like I say, I haven't looked at your code, but I'm guessing from
your comment that it's not 100% convincing!)