[Rivet] electroweak results used to tune/validate theory

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 23 15:37:50 BST 2009

I must be missing something here: we are just saying that for tuning &
theory purposes, it's important to have results that use minimal
MC-derived unfolding, i.e. we really need what was actually measured! In
the case I mentioned, this wouldn't be the "Z pT", but the
detector-corrected pT of dileptons with cone-summed photons.

Surely it's publishing (as has been done) the "Z pT" that requires
extracting the correction factor for PHOTOS, i.e. either making two full
MC samples or, more dangerously, trying to strip off "PHOTOS photons"
from the event record. Or am I missing something?

Best wishes,
Andy

--
Dr Andy Buckley
Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology