[Rivet] [Rivet-svn] r1433 - in trunk: . include include/LWH include/Rivet src src/Analyses src/Tools

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Tue Apr 21 17:47:13 BST 2009

Hendrik Hoeth wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> Thus spake rivet-svn at projects.hepforge.org (rivet-svn at projects.hepforge.org):
>
>> Author: buckley
>> Date: 2009-04-21 14:24:47 +0100 (Tue, 21 Apr 2009)
>> New Revision: 1433
>
> Revision 1433 doesn't build on my laptop. It fails with the following
> error:

> Analysis.cc:7:33: error: AIDA/IManagedObject.h: No such file or directory

Thanks... it worked for me since I still had the AIDA headers installed.
Hopefully replacing the AIDA header dependency with their LWH
equivalents won't break compilation for "Rivet-linking users" e.g. Herwig++.

I'm debating whether to ditch the AIDA interfaces and use the LWH
objects directly for this release (which should be a bit more YODA-like)
or just to leave everything as-is until introducing YODA. More
important, though, is to specify the axis labels in histo booking: can
everyone make a gentle effort to do this conversion without breaking
compilation, please?

> PS: I'm currently at Yale, and it is so delightful to read a STAR
> publication as compared to the Tevatron stuff! They actually specify cuts,
> have the numbers on their website, perfom acceptance corrections ...

Mmm, now I'm more keen to implement them, too!

Dr Andy Buckley
Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology
Durham University
0191 3343798 | 0191 3732613 | www.insectnation.org