[Rivet] Rivet meeting in 5 mins!

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at durham.ac.uk
Sun Oct 26 14:33:25 GMT 2008

Andy Buckley, Friday 24 October 2008:
> >  * Validation system
>
> Frank and Andy will aim to have a simple analysis system by next week's
> meeting. We'll first concentrate on comparison of data files, without
> worrying about the submission details.

I have started to document the validation tool on
http://projects.hepforge.org/rivet/trac/wiki/ValidationTool

It should at least help to get started with the job submission. Since the
comparison bit is not really useful and complete yet, it will have to
follow later.

Please feel free to try it out and let me know if you need help. It should
also be fairly easy to extend it to other generators (e.g. if you don't
want to install Sherpa). I have documented some issues which are not done
yet, so please keep in mind that this is still very much work in
progress, and I am grateful for any suggestions or input from you.

Have a good week in Perugia,
Frank