[Rivet] Running Rivet on the grid

Frank Siegert frank.siegert at durham.ac.uk
Mon Oct 13 18:13:06 BST 2008

Andy Buckley, Monday 13 October 2008:
> I don't know if the API is public, but the glite commands certainly are
> Python scripts making use of some API:

Not all of them. In fact, the job-status seems to be the only one.

> They are using a non-standard (what a surprise!) way to access the
> gLite Python modules, based on appending $GLITE_WMS_LOCATION/lib and
> $GLITE_WMS_LOCATION/lib/python to the Python sys.path. (The code also
> makes it clear that whoever wrote it has little experience with the
> Python standard library...)
>
> Then there are modules called UIutils, UIchecks, Job, ... and the
> catchy glite_wmsui_*Wrapper which do the Griddy stuff:

Yes, thanks. I am still trying to dig through these, but so far can't
really tell, how it is going to be useful. If you find anything vaguely
similar to documentation related to this "API", please let me know.

If this is all that exists in terms of API/documentation, I am inclined to
calling the glite-wms-* commands through os.system, as they seem to be
the better documented and maybe even more stable choice. What do you
think?

Frank