[Rivet] Validation & tuning phone meeting, Monday 29th Sept, 4pm (UK)

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Fri Oct 10 12:30:33 BST 2008

Lars Sonnenschein wrote:
> If you mean that I have to implement into RivetAIDA.hh a function
> integral(), where also the normalization() function has been implemented
> then yes I can extract it.

Yes, or just call the AIDA objects directly. This sort of interface
stuff will have to change when we replace AIDA.

> Somehow the bins of the Rivet divided histo have to be
> multiplied by the bin widths (x2GeV for the first bins and larger values
> for the later bins.) to get it close to flat, but I'm just guessing.

The bin width factors should be canceled out in the division, but it's
possible that LWH's implementation of the histogram division gets this
wrong and includes the width factor when creating the DataPointSet.
That's worth checking (and fixing if it's the case).

Dr Andy Buckley
Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology
Durham University
0191 3343798 | 0191 3732613 | www.insectnation.org