[Rivet] Validation meeting

James Monk jmonk at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 19:21:35 GMT 2008

On 27 Nov 2008, at 18:53, Andy Buckley wrote:

> By the way, we typically run O(1M) events for these plots: is that
> reasonable within Athena?

Should be possible on our batch system, but I think you'll be out of
luck using the RTT - like I said it has to be done in 24 hours and
shares the cpu with other jobs.

BTW, the idea of the ckin(4) cut is there is no "merge point" - in
principle each plot contributes something to each bin (in proportion
to the cross section in that bin from that plot), like you are
generating the events flat(ter) in PT but with a weight.  Can't do it
without the PT spectrum (or Yoda) though, so I'll do as you suggest if
it's necessary.