[Rivet] Particles in a jet

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Thu Jul 10 08:22:57 BST 2008

Hi,

> Does anyone know how to get a list of particles inside a jet e.g. so
> that we can identify whether the jet contains a b-quark.

you have direct access to the fastjet PseudoJets, and you can ask the
Pseudojets for their constituents (see pages 9f of the fastjet manual):

  /// return a vector of the particles that make up jet
  vector<fastjet::PseudoJet> constituents (const fastjet::PseudoJet & jet);

But since fastjet doesn't care about particles and simply operates on
4-vectors, I guess you will need to write some kind of matching between
the constituents of the jet and the particles in your event. Or maybe
use one of the other fastjet function for accessing the jet content and
compare IDs in the ClusterSequence? Don't know if that's feasible.

Cheers,

    Hendrik

--
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.   -- Benjamin Franklin