[Rivet] VetoedFinalState problem

James Monk jmonk at hep.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jan 29 14:36:34 GMT 2008

We have the same problem with wanting to exclude some leptons from the
FastJets projection, which also holds a FinalState and not a
VetoedFinalState.  I got caught up in HepMC issues with adding the
functionality to VetoedFinalState to remove the Z decay products, so
haven't yet got around to sorting out the FinalState Vs.
VetoedFinalState member.

I wonder if we actually need a distinction between a FinalState and a
VetoedFinalState?  A VetoedFinalState without any vetoes applied is
the same as a FinalState, so could we not just ditch FinalState and
use VetoedFinalState everywhere (with an appropriate compare method so
it gets cached when there are no vetoes applied).

James