[Rivet] Rivet and AGILe released... phew!

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Tue Feb 12 14:06:07 GMT 2008

Jon Butterworth wrote:
> Excellent!
>
> FYI: ATLAS are about to start using this release for validation/tuning
> of underlying event for the next big round of MC production.

That's great --- who is coordinating that tuning? I think it would be
useful if James and I were involved, at least from a Rivet-expertise
point of view. Obviously, even this release with the golden "1.0" label
is not perfect and they will find problems: I think this is a great
opportunity for us to improve Rivet at the same time as getting some
useful physics results out of it.

> Will this release be installed in Genser now? Is it understood that new
> releases will be installed there by default?

I'm not sure if the Genser team are on this mailing list. I was also
under the impression that Rivet releases would be part of the Genser
distribution, so I'll let them know the status.