[Rivet] #213: Rivetgun should report an error if a specified parameter file is missing.

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at durham.ac.uk
Sun Aug 24 20:59:39 BST 2008

David Grellscheid wrote:
> Hi Andy,
>
> I don't know if I can edit the ticket, so I'll reply here... Try '-p
> tevatron1800.params' instead of '-P'. That's what caused the problem at
> the tutorial.

Ah, so it's not actually the file arg parsing that goes wrong... well,
the lower-case "-p" arg parsing was anyway vulnerable in situations
where the string didn't contain an "=" sign. I've fixed that in the head:

buckley at d18:~/proj/hep/rivet$ rivetgun -g Herwig:6510 -p tevatron1800.params
Error: Param setting string 'tevatron1800.params' is not in a valid format.

Ok? I'll close the ticket since I can't see any further problems.