[Rivet] rivet installation

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Fri Aug 22 14:02:32 BST 2008

Hi,

Thus spake Altan Cakir (altan.cakir at cern.ch):

> I apply this patch in Fragmentation_Handler.C file and installation
> progress not compiled.

What's the error you get?

> without patch it is compiled and i have Sherpa installation.

Then you won't be able to change the cluster fragmentation
parameters from within Run.dat.

>> [... explicit explanation on what to do ...]
>>
> this part for me confuses a little bit and could you give me details
> about this case since i do not understand that should i add this path
> in script or installation command.

Okay, here's as much detail as I can give you:

mkdir $HOME/rivet
cd $HOME/rivet
wget http://svn.hepforge.org/rivet/bootstrap/rivet-bootstrap
chmod a+x rivet-bootstrap
sed -i 's/DEVELOPERMODE="no"/DEVELOPERMODE="yes"/' rivet-bootstrap
sed -i 's/IGNORE_AFS="no"/IGNORE_AFS="yes"/' rivet-bootstrap
./rivet-bootstrap
wget http://www.hepforge.org/archive/sherpa/Sherpa-1.1.2.tar.gz
wget http://users.hepforge.org/~hoeth/sherpa_cluster_config.patch
tar -xzf Sherpa-1.1.2.tar.gz
cd SHERPA-MC-1.1.2
patch -p0 < ../sherpa_cluster_config.patch
./TOOLS/makeinstall --copt --enable-hepmc2=$HOME/rivet/local --copt --prefix=$HOME/sherpa
cd TOOLS
make install
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/sherpa/bin
cd $HOME/rivet/agile
make clean
./configure --prefix=$HOME/rivet/local --enable-shared
make
make install
cd $HOME/rivet/rivet
make clean
./configure --prefix=$HOME/rivet/local --enable-shared
make
make install
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/rivet/local/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HOME/rivet/local/lib
export AGILE_GEN_PATH=$HOME/rivet/local
mkdir -p $AGILE_GEN_PATH/sherpa
cd $AGILE_GEN_PATH/sherpa
ln -s $HOME/sherpa 1.1.2

Now "rivetgun -h" should show "Sherpa" in the list of generators.

    Hendrik

--
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety
deserve neither liberty nor safety.   -- Benjamin Franklin