[PyFeyn] PyFeyn error with fd.draw

George S. Williams physicist at websterling.com
Mon Jun 6 19:50:28 BST 2016

Hey, Ian,

Sorry you're having a problem with PyFeyn. I think the problem is
actually with PyX- they change an API and any code that relied on that
API call from a previous version is broken. We've had that problem in
the past.

Would you please let us know which versions of PyX and PyFeyn you have
installed?

Thanks,
George

On 6/6/2016 12:20 PM, Ian Brock wrote:
> Dear PyFeyn,
>
> I get an error when trying to run the first PyFeyn test file:
> python pyfeyn-test1.py
> /usr/local/texlive/2015/texmf-dist/tex/latex/hepnames/hepnicenames.sty
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "pyfeyn-test1.py", line 26, in <module>
> fd.draw("pyfeyn-test1.pdf")
>   File
> "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pyfeyn/diagrams.py",
> line 70, in draw
>     c = self.drawToCanvas()
>   File
> "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pyfeyn/diagrams.py",
> line 62, in drawToCanvas
> obj.draw(self.currentCanvas)
>   File
> "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.5/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pyfeyn/lines.py",
> line 522, in draw
>     ass, bs, cs = para.normpath_selfintersections(mypath.normpath(),
> epsilon=0.01)
> TypeError: normpath_selfintersections() missing 1 required positional
> argument: 'eps_comparepairs'
>
> I am using Python3.5 installed via Macports.
> I installed PyX and PyFeyn via pip. This worked without any error
> messages.
> I tested hepnames in test file and it works fine.
>
> Best Regards
> Ian
>
> *Ian C. Brock* | Physikalisches Institut, Universität Bonn | Nußallee
> 12 | D-53115 Bonn
> Tel. +49 228 733616 | Email: brock at physik.uni-bonn.de
> <mailto:brock at physik.uni-bonn.de>

---