[PyFeyn] bug!!!

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at cern.ch
Fri Jan 22 20:13:51 GMT 2016

On 22/01/16 17:41, George S. Williams wrote:
> Hey, Andy,
>
> Thanks for taking care of this. I just replaced my version with 0.3.5
> from PyPI and everything seems to work. This is with Python 2.7.3 and
> PyX 0.12.1.

Great!

> Just wondering, do you have any idea of how pyfeyn works (or doesn't!)
> with Python 3 and PyX 0.13?

I don't know. I was wondering just the same a week ago, when I realised
that PyX development has now moved to Py3 only...

I expect that there are syntactic aspects that aren't Py3 compatible.
But they may be easily fixed, at the cost of some minor speed penalty in
version 2, e.g. iteritems() -> items(), xrange() -> range() are ok, as
long as those iterables are not large. If we're less lucky, some
explicit version detection will be needed.

Andy

> On 1/21/2016 1:25 PM, Andy Buckley wrote:
>> I just made a new release tag, tarball and PyPI entry for version
>> 0.3.5. Hope it works -- let me know if not, and if I need to make a
>> new tag etc.!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andy
>

> ---

Dr Andy Buckley, Lecturer / Royal Society University Research Fellow
Particle Physics Expt Group, University of Glasgow