[PyFeyn] bug!!!

George S. Williams physicist at websterling.com
Sat Jan 16 03:29:54 GMT 2016

Hey, Andy,

I think that this bug exists in pyfeyn-0.3.4, the latest version in
downloads, but has been fixed in svn revision
1965<http://www.hepforge.org/archive/pyfeyn/pyfeyn-0.3.4.tar.gz>, which
at some point was supposed to be packaged as pyfeyn-0.3.5.

I just did a clean install from the svn and everything works as expected.

Best,
George

On 1/15/2016 6:13 PM, Andy Buckley wrote:
> Thanks Viesturs! We'll get that into a patch release.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy
>

> On 15/01/16 22:28, Viesturs Veckalns wrote:
>> Dear colleagues!
>> I got all examples running (see my previous mail) by changing the source
>> file
>>
>> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyfeyn/deco.py
>>
>> in the following way:
>>
>> 1. In function getarrowpath I introduced argument constriction and
>> removed "self" in its implementation:
>>
>> def getarrowpath(arrowtopath, selfpos, var1, selfsize, var2,
>> constriction, constrictionlen):
>>          if pyxversion >= Version("0.12"):
>>              arrowpath = pyx.deco._arrowhead(arrowtopath, selfpos,
>>                                          1, selfsize, 45, constriction,
>>                                          constrictionlen)
>>          else:
>>              arrowpath = pyx.deco._arrowhead(arrowtopath, selfpos,
>>                                          1, selfsize, 45,
>> constrictionlen)
>>          return arrowpath
>>
>> 2. In the implementation of Arrow::decorate I added self.constriction to
>> the arguments of getarrowpath
>> arrowpath = getarrowpath(arrowtopath, self.pos*dp.path.arclen(),
>>                                          1, self.size, 45,
>> self.constriction, constrictionlen)
>>
>> There was an apparent bug in the pyfeyn deco source code.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Viesturs

---