[PyFeyn] I cannot install the package

Andy Buckley andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk
Sun May 22 18:45:35 BST 2011

On 27/04/11 09:27, Rebeca Gonzalez Suarez wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install pyFeyn in my computer (Mac OS X 10.6.7) and I get
> the following error message:

> Running PyX-0.10/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
> /tmp/easy_install-DNzGcZ/PyX-0.10/egg-dist-tmp-oh9bOA
> error: Setup script exited with error: SandboxViolation:
> mkdir('/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/share',) {}
>
> The package setup script has attempted to modify files on your system
> that are not within the EasyInstall build area, and has been aborted.
>
> This package cannot be safely installed by EasyInstall, and may not
> support alternate installation locations even if you run its setup
> script by hand. Please inform the package's author and the EasyInstall
> maintainers to find out if a fix or workaround is available.
>
> So I'm sending it to you. Is it possible to fix it?

Hi Rebeca,

Many apologies for the delayed reply -- I'm pretty overloaded with other
things at the moment and haven't worked on PyFeyn for some time. But
it's on my to-do list to check and fix this... as soon as I can!

Dr Andy Buckley
SUPA Advanced Research Fellow
Particle Physics Experiment Group, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.