[PyFeyn] Feynman Python Lib. Error

Andy Buckley andy at insectnation.org
Thu Jan 8 11:55:59 GMT 2009

Richard Ruiz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried installing and the installation was unsuccessful.
> Below is the text that was generated; any suggestions?

[...]
> Installed /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pyfeyn-0.3.1-py2.5.egg
> Processing dependencies for pyfeyn==0.3.1
> Searching for pyx>=0.9
> Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/pyx/
> Couldn't find index page for 'pyx' (maybe misspelled?)

Hi Richard,

Thanks for letting us know --- I think the problem here is that I've not
got the "PyX" capitalisation correct in the setup.py file. If you change
the build dependency from "pyx>=0.9" to "PyX>=0.9", then it should work.

I haven't worked on pyfeyn for a while, so if you have problems they may
be because Python and PyX have moved on. If you have problems, let me
know and I'll make sure it's fixed.