[Flexiblesusy] Fwd: R-Parity Violating models with FlexibleSUSY

Kimver Louie Nunez knunez at nip.upd.edu.ph
Tue Oct 4 16:01:41 BST 2022

TO: flexiblesusy at projects.hepforge.org

FROM:
Kimver Louie S. Nuñez
PhD Student
National Institute of Physics
University of the Philippines - Diliman
Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

Good day!

I have been studying and using FlexibleSUSY for a few weeks now and would
like to know if it supports R-parity violating SUSY models. In particular,
I have tried creating the model files including the SARAH model files for
the MSSM with bilinear RpV [arXiv:hep-ph/9906310
<https://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/9906310>] and similarly for NMSSM with
bilinear RpV [arXiv:hep-ph/0604216 <https://arxiv.org/abs/hep-ph/0604216>].

For the MSSM-BiRpV model, I initially had an issue with FlexibleSUSY not
being able to solve the tree level tadpole equations for the
EWSBOutputParameters so I tried manually giving the solutions through the
variable "TreeLevelEWSBSolutions" (see the FlexibleSUSY.m.in file
attachment). However, I get the following error upon compiling the code:
[image: image.png]
Would you be able to clarify the error statement?
"Parameters given in TreeLevelEWSBSolution, do not match
   the Parameters given in FlexibleSUSY`EWSBOutputParameters!"

Here are the said Parameters mentioned in the error statement:
[image: image.png]
[image: image.png]

My guess is that FlexibleSUSY is not able to recognize the indexed
parameters mlHd2[0], mlHd2[1], and mlHd2[3] (perhaps the notation?). In
line with this, I would like to ask the following questions:
1. What is the correct way of specifying these parameters given that there
has to be 5 entries provided, following the 5 EWSB Tadpole equations (1 for
vu, 1 for vd, and 3 for vL where vL are three sneutrino vevs)?
2. Are these issues perhaps due to the RpV nature of the model having 3
generations of sneutrino vevs?
3. What are the limitations of FlexibleSUSY in handling R-parity violating
SUSY models?

I would really appreciate it if you can help me out since I plan to use
this tool for my PhD Dissertation. I realize there are other tools I can
use like SOFTSUSY and SPheno together with SARAH and I am also currently
exploring these tools as well. However, I would very much like to explore
further using FlexibleSUSY given its advantages over these other spectrum
calculators. Your github page has been a really great help and I wish you
all the best in your future projects.

I have attached the FlexibleSUSY model file I used and the default SARAH
model files for MSSM-BiRpV that came together with version 4.14.5. The
setup and software version I am using is as follows:
Ubuntu-22.04.1 LTS
Mathematica-12.3.0
SARAH-4.14.5
FlexibleSUSY-2.7.1