[Flexiblesusy] Hepforge changes

ELLIS, KEITH R.K. keith.ellis at durham.ac.uk
Fri Aug 17 12:03:08 BST 2018

Dear Hepforge project leaders,

As you may have previously heard, we're migrating HEPForge to a new
more modern platform called phabricator. The change will begin on
Monday 3rd September at 12pm (noon) UK time. As a result of the changeover
HEPforge will be unavailable for up to 3 days. We recommend that you that you
take all possible steps to prevent this change from impeding your work
before that date. We will send out an e-mail to this mailing list as
soon as the migration is completed.

This change should improve the performance, stability and security of
the system as well as bring some much needed new features.
We will migrate all of your repositories and data but unfortunately the change
will require some modifications by the end user. You may
want to modify the documentation of your projects to reflect the changes.

The changes will be as follows:

- PUSH and PULL URIs for GIT, SVN and HG will change, an example of the
new URIs are
  - svn+ssh://vcs@phab.hepforge.org:22/source/reponame ( SVN over SSH )
  - http://phab.hepforge.org/source/reponame.git ( GIT over HTTPS )
  - ssh://vcs@phab.hepforge.org/source/reponame.git ( GIT over SSH )
  - http://phab.hepforge.org/source/reponame/ ( HG over HTTPS )
  - ssh://vcs@phab.hepforge.org/source/reponame/ ( HG over SSH )

As you can see, the URI are similar for all version control systems.

- User Account Passwords will expire
Your user account password will need resetting, you can either mail adm
in at hepforge.org<mailto:in at hepforge.org> or use hepforge.org/reset<http://hepforge.org/reset> after the migration has taken
place.

- SSH Login (Shell Access) has changed
Please ssh to port 222 for shell access i.e. ssh username at login.hepforg<mailto:username at login.hepforg>
e.org<http://e.org> -p 222

- Project Folders have Moved
The following folders have changed

/hepforge/home/projectname                /hepforge/projects/projectname
/hepforge/home/projectname/public_html    /hepforge/projects/projectname/public_html
/hepforge/downloads/projectname           /hepforge/projects/projectname/downloads

- Project URL changes
The downloads page has been altered slightly (although we will strive
to improve this after migration).
https://www.hepforge.org/downloads/projectname will no longer work but
downloads will be located at https://projectname.hepforge.org/downloads

The SVN/HG/GIT repository pages are no longer available but will redirect to
https://projectname.hepforge.org/repo which will list all publicly
available repositories in phabricator

- Trac/Wiki
We are no longer providing Trac and Wiki support, for all projects that
have been migrated over, they will continue to work as they did before
(although any GIT/SVN/HG support may need fixing) but we suggest for
people to migrate to the phabricator bug and wiki system.

We apologise in advance for the disruption this will cause. Please feel
fre to forward this mail to your project members. The email address
admin at hepforge.org<mailto:admin at hepforge.org> will be monitored diligently after the transition
to provide support.

The IPPP remains committed to full support of HEPforge.

Best regards,

Keith Ellis

 Keith Ellis                                           Director
 E-mail: Keith.Ellis at durham.ac.uk<mailto:Keith.Ellis at durham.ac.uk>     Institute for Particle Physics Phenomenology
 Skype: rkeithellis                               University of Durham
 Phone:  +44 191 334 3621                South Road
 web:    http://www.ippp.dur.ac.uk       Durham DH1 3LE, UK