[Blackmax] BlackMax Spectra

Alsup, James jalsup at umflint.edu
Mon Jul 2 21:17:25 BST 2012

Hello Professors,
I am a theorist working at the University of Michigan-Flint and have recently started looking at using BlackMax to introduce and develop undergraduate student researchers.  The first project in mind is to introduce grey-body spectra to my students and eventually work up to introducing rotation with a tense brane.  However, I am having difficulty in preliminary readings of your code and was hoping for some insight.  For example, I have found the folder /BlackMax/spectrum/nonrotation/graviton/graviton_#.txt, the paper that was used to generate them (hep-th/0512116v3), and where it is read into BlackMax.c, however, I do not know what the order of numbers is in the .txt file.  Do you perhaps have any documentation used to introduce the code to your students that could help?  Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,

James Alsup
Assistant Professor of Physics
University of Michigan-Flint