[Rivet] HepMC, cmake and our bootstrap script

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Thu Apr 19 11:44:28 BST 2012

Hi,

HepMC moved to cmake as preferred build method, and the current tarball
(2.06.08) doesn't even come with a configure script anymore, even though
one can still generate it using autoreconf. Now the question is what we
do with the bootstrap script. Shall we rely on the existence of cmake? I
see it's installed on lxplus and on the grid cluster in Wuppertal, but
it's not available on the grid machines in Durham. Or shall we call
autoreconf and hope that option doesn't go away any time soon?

Cheers,

   Hendrik

--
Man is the best computer we can put aboard a spacecraft, and
the only one that can be mass produced with unskilled labor.