[Rivet] [Rivet-svn] r2737 - trunk/bin

Hendrik Hoeth hendrik.hoeth at cern.ch
Fri Oct 29 17:16:26 BST 2010

Thus spake Andy Buckley (andy.buckley at ed.ac.uk):

> >> trunk/bin/rivet-buildplugin
> >
> > What do you tink about adding $CXXFLAGS by default?
>
> Hmm, not a bad idea. Otherwise no-one will remember to optimise their
> analysis builds. But it would require making a rivet-buildplugins.in
> template for the script: worth the hassle?

I just exchanged some thoughts with David about this. Our first idea was
to take CXXFLAGS from the current environment, like we currently do with
CXX. But in fact that's wrong, and we should definitely use the same
CXX and CXXFLAGS as for the installation, so that the same compiler as
for the rivet build is used. On most user installations that's the case
anyhow, but for a Genser installation the user will most likely not have
the same compiler in his default settings, and then bad things start to
happen.

We don't even have to ask rivet-config for all this information. We can
hard-code it into rivet-buildplugin at Rivet compile time.

     Hendrik

--
One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose
sight of the shore for a very long time.    -- André Gide